Friday, June 26, 2009

Camera temptation...

It's not like I am unhappy with what I have, it is just that I seem to always want to test new stuff out. I recently saw Panasonic DMC-ZS1 on a Costco flyer and when I saw the details I got interested.

  • 25-300mm zoom
  • Zoom while shooting video
  • Fairly compact

25mm is sweet. I had a Kodak v570 one time. It was the funky dual lens one that had one fixed 23mm lens and one 39-105mm or so lens. I just loved that wide angle, but on the kodak, one could not adjust the JPEG quality and the compression was quite high. And a 12x zoom lens starting at 25mm in a compact format just sounds really interesting. Well, I tried looking for reviews, but there is little to be found. DP review has a brief compact superzoom review where it is, but it is really brief. Get good marks though. It does not have HD video, but the more expensive, feature packed, Panasonic DMC-ZS3 has HD video. I guess ZS1 would be good enough for me. Question is just if I can motivate a purchase....

No comments: